[GRASS-user] Start grass, create new mapset

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Sep 21 08:30:48 PDT 2021

I have an existing location, lon_lat, into which I import new data in that
format.

>From the command line I want to start grass in text mode using that location
while creating a new mapset there. On the grass startup manual page I see
examples that create new locations or use shapefiles or tiff files for the
mapsets. What do I use if the input data is ascii text points?

I've tried grass /data/grassdata/lon_lat/<mapset> and am told that the
mapset doesn't exist or have a WIND file.

Looking forward to learning,

Rich