[GRASS-user] r.input and d.rast issues

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Sep 29 05:51:06 PDT 2021

On Wed, 29 Sep 2021, Micha Silver wrote:

Micha,

> 1. You reprojected the `local_depth` raster from the topography location
> to new_nevins_dock, but without setting the target mapset in advance. So
> the resulting local_depth had NULL values everywhere. Regarding projecting
> with r.proj, note this comment in the man page:

The 'local_depth' map is in the bathymetry mapset and I set the target
region to it for all reprojections.

> What does:
>
> gdalinfo
> ~/projects/washington/nevins-dock/data/topography/columbia_2010_e_dtm_35.tif
> | grep -A4 "Coordinates"
>
> show??

It shows corners in US-feet so I cannot compare them to the corners of the
region which are in meters.

I've not before had such issues importing and reprojecting raster data.
Rather than continuing to try to push water uphill I've decided on an
alternate way of presenting the bathymetric information in the reports.

Thanks again,

Rich