[GRASS-user] Rosetta Error in "r.fill.dir"

Nicklas Larsson n_larsson at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 22 00:06:40 PDT 2022

Daniel,

I couldn’t reproduce your issue with a random dem. It would be good if you could share a minimal data set causing the crash for testing.

Also, please take a look if there is a more detailed crash report with '/Applications/Utilities/Console.app’ and share its content.

If this is indeed a Rosetta related issue, an immediate solution would be to install the ‘grass’ port with MacPorts [1], which installs in native architecture also for M1’s.

Side note: The official GRASS Mac app bundle, is based on miniconda for its dependencies. Last time I tried there were issues with arm support for especially condas wxPython, therefore it is still only built for x64.

Best,
Nicklas

[1] https://ports.macports.org/port/grass/