[GRASS-user] Mini project 2023: Week 2: Improving Single-Window GUI user experience

Linda Kladivová L.Kladivova at seznam.cz
Sun Dec 4 12:12:11 PST 2022

Hello guys,

I am sending my second report regarding the GRASS mini-project which is also
available here: [1].

1) What did I complete this week?
I was mainly working on PR [2] dealing with dock/undock map display
functionality. This PR is finished and waits for the final review. Further,
I started to work on the Console reorganization topic, specifically, I have
set up the new PR [3] replacing the togglable "Log file" button with the
"Export history" button. This initial step is going to better steer the
direction of the Console reorganization.

2) What am I going to achieve for next week?

I plan to merge both above-mentioned PRs and proceed to work on the Console
reorganization topic according to Issue [4]. Not only it involves the widget
reorganization itself, but it also improves user experience by adding >>> to
the command prompt window.

3) Is there any blocking issue?
No, it isn't.

Have a nice week and feel free to share any comments/suggestions. :-)

Linda

[1] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/wxGUIDevelopment/
ImprovingSingleWindowUX
(https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/wxGUIDevelopment/ImprovingSingleWindowUX)