[GRASS-user] Joining Vectors for Training Data - Object Based Image Analysis

Daniel Jeffrey Kozar djkozar at ucdavis.edu
Thu Feb 17 14:00:55 PST 2022

Hi everyone,

I am generating a workflow for object-based image classification of drone imagery and am getting tripped up when utilizing vectors for training data. I have ".shp" files for each class created in another software and am trying to join them to create one vector file with an ID column corresponding to the class. I have been trying to use the command v.patch, which does join them, but doesn't seem to allow for maintaining information about the class. Does anyone have any recommendations to do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ive attached two example ".shp" files for reference.

Best,
Daniel