[GRASS-user] Call for ideas to post in social media

Veronica Andreo veroandreo at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 07:50:21 PST 2022

Dear all,

Some of you might have seen that every week I post something on Twitter (
https://twitter.com/GRASSGIS - follow us and help with a RT if you don't
already ;-)) mainly as a way to show off GRASS new features, releases,
student projects, presentations at conferences, scientific publications,
new addons, etc. This has brought us +800 more followers in the last year,
increased our mentions, impressions and visits significantly (last month
our profile visits increased almost 400%). In the long term, I believe
increasing our presence and showing our software features is good for the
project.

To keep this running, we are collecting ideas and crafting threads here:
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/PSC/Marketing#Upcomingpostsmayberecycledandpostedagain.

This upcoming week, I'll post about Caitlin's student grant and the
implementation of the temporal class within grass.jupyter. There are a
couple of other ideas there that need to be developed further, i.e., they
need content.

I'm calling here for help with those and for new ideas, screenshots, small
video tutorials, new addons, new features you would like to see published
in twitter to keep these weekly posts flowing.

Thanks much in advance! And thanks to those of you that eventually ping
with something cool to show :)

Vero