[GRASS-user] Mini project 2022: Week 7: Redesigning a map display status bar combo box into a new settings dialog

Linda Kladivová L.Kladivova at seznam.cz
Mon Feb 21 02:27:44 PST 2022

Hello guys,

I am sending my seventh weekly report, it is also available here: [1].

1) What did I complete this week?
This week was mostly about finishing PR [2] which creates the new radiobox
for statusbar settings. I was a bit unsure how to cope with this task so I
tried several ways, hopefully now I am on the right way and I will finish
this PR soon. In the meantime I also created the new icon for Map Display
settings (you can take a look at [3]) and I also opened the PR ​
(https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/2216)[4] improving a bit the design of
Single-Window GUI at startup. This PR will be probably merged soon as well.

2) What am I going to achieve for next week?
The main task for the next week is to finish the PR [2]. The one chapter
about combobox removal (statusbar redesign) will be finished then. However,
there are still many things missing. The Projection page from GUI settings
should be moved to Map Display settings, for instance, or EPSG text widget
could be added to the main statusbar etc..

3) Is there any blocking issue?
No, it isn't.

You can also have a look at the Twitter thread Vero shared [5] talking about
this project .

Feel free to share any comments, ideas! Even if it may not be included now,
it is good to know so that it can be included later. :-)

https://twitter.com/GRASSGIS/status/1494289478999019523?s=20&t=IxQDRvpI0Cb82
I4DfCEiBA

https://twitter.com/GRASSGIS/status/1494289478999019523?s=20&t=IxQDRvpI0Cb82
I4DfCEiBA