[GRASS-user] r.fillnulls hang on one computer, not on another

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Jan 18 12:28:54 PST 2022

Hi Ken,

On Tue, Jan 18, 2022 at 9:23 PM Ken Mankoff <mankoff at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to run 'r.fillnulls' and it hangs on one computer but not on another.
>
> On my laptop running Ubuntu 20.04 it runs fine in GRASS 7.8.6. It also runs in a docker container running GRASS 7.8.4.
>
> On our server it just hangs. This is running Ubuntu 18.04 and grass 7.8.2. It also hangs running *the same docker image* Ubuntu 20.04 GRASS 7.8.4
>
> Do you have any suggestions how to debug this?

You can find out the process ID (the columns are
USER         PID %CPU %MEM ...
so that it is the number after the user name):

ps aux | grep r.fillnulls

and then run strace on it

strace -p <pid>

The result may be hard to read yet give some insights if it is waiting
for something (e.g., a device) on that machine.

Markus