[GRASS-user] Mini project 2023: Week 6: Improving Single-Window GUI user experience

Linda Kladivová L.Kladivova at seznam.cz
Sun Jan 15 09:38:01 PST 2023

Hello guys,

I am sending my sixth report regarding the GRASS mini-project which is also
available here: [1].

1) What did I complete this week?

I finished PR [2] ​(https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/2728)which adds a
hint to the Console prompt (it is already merged). Moreover, I opened a new
PR [3] related to button reorganization in the Console pane.

2) What am I going to achieve for next week?

The goal for the next week is to finish the Console reorganization topic by
merging ​​(https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/2746)[3]. I would also like
to start working on the issue of perspectives (user-defined layouts). I plan
to start by saving pane arrangements to workspace files.

3) Is there any blocking issue?

There is still the problem with [4] but it is not a blocking issue.

[1] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/wxGUIDevelopment/
ImprovingSingleWindowUX
(https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/wxGUIDevelopment/ImprovingSingleWindowUX)

[2] https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/2728