[GRASS-user] v.to.rast: advice needed

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed May 10 07:28:44 PDT 2023

I need to convert a vector contour map to a raster so I can apply the
hydrologic models modules.

Reading the v.to.rast manual page I learned that I needed to add categories
to the input contour map. Running v.category added no categories: "0
features added."

v.info does not tell me anything about the elevation values of the contour
lines. Looking at the v.* modules, and trying v.univar, didn't help. I could
try v.to.3d, but I need information about the vector map's contents.

Which v.db* should I use to find the elevation colum associated with each
contour line?

TIA,

Rich