[GRASS-user] Map production recommendations

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu May 11 10:22:00 PDT 2023

I've always used ps.map for presentations by writing scripts and using the
GUI to place things. It's a long, tedious process (for me, at least) but
familiar. I've been told that Qgis can produce nice presentation maps and
use grass raster and vector files. I've not used Qgis at all but have just
installed it (I believe, with the grass option) on my ThinkPad.

I would like suggestions to either facilitate ps.map creation or use qgis or
another tool to create 3 presentatoin maps of topography, flowlines and flow
accumulations.

All ideas welcome,

Rich