[GRASS-user] Map production recommendations

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri May 12 06:00:01 PDT 2023

On Fri, 12 May 2023, Massimiliano Alvioli wrote:

> I am not sure what can be done to facilitate the use of ps.map, but I can
> tell that browsing GRASS mapsets from QGIS to create nice map figures is
> the easiest thing to do. If you browse your "grassdata" folder from the
> file explorer in QGIS, you must scroll down until you see GRASS icons for
> each location. Then you can navigate to your mapset and display your
> raster/vectors in QGIS, and use the map creator (?) tool to prepare
> figures.

Massi,

ps.map has always been a low priority for improvements. While it took a lot
of time to produce high quality output, the presention to non-technical
decision-makers was highly satisfying. Now I have several projects needing
such images so I installed qgis and need to learn how to use it for this
purpose.

Your instructions are really helpful and I'll apply them today to produce
the 3 maps needed immediately.

Best regards,

Rich