[GRASS-user] ps.map: specifying colors

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Mon May 15 09:32:47 PDT 2023

On Mon, 15 May 2023 at 11:39, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 15 May 2023, Rich Shepard wrote:
>
> > The input file for a ps.map vareas has a color specified as:
> > color 33:00:00
> > When I run the ps.map command I'm told this is an invalid color for
> vareas.
>
> Here's the exact output of one try:
> color ff:ff:ff : illegal border color request
> color 33:f:0 : illegal color request (vareas)
> fcolor 33:f:0 : illegal color request (vareas)

Hi Rich,

The r:g:b format supports 0-255, not the hexadecimal colors, so that's why
ff does not work. With display commands, you can also use #rrggbb
(#RRGGBB). I would have to check if that works with ps.map or not.

In your previous email, you have color 3:0:O. The third number is capital
O, not 0, otherwise it should work.

HTH,
Vaclav

--
Vaclav Petras
Getting benefits from GRASS GIS? Check new ways to contribute back: