[GRASS-user] Integer division with r.mapcalc

Luí­s Moreira de Sousa luis.de.sousa at protonmail.ch
Thu Apr 11 00:25:43 PDT 2024

Dear all,

I am working with a raster with very large integers. That are stored as 64 bit floats (imported from a GTiff). I wish to extract part of these values with an integer division. The first approach was:

r.mapcalc 'short_ints = int(long_ints)/1000000'

However, this results in something that is not an integer division. In fact I have no idea what the result is. Eventually, I succeeded with the following formulation:

r.mapcalc 'psu_ids = int(ssu_ids/1000000)'

I have been going through the manual back and forth and can't understand why these two expressions produce different results. Any insights?

Thank you.

--
Luís

Sent with [Proton Mail](https://proton.me/) secure email.