[GRASS-user] Using RStudio in a GRASS GIS session

Veronica Andreo veroandreo at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 10:56:03 PDT 2024

Hello Sibylle,

Perhaps you can tell us some details about your operative system, which
GRASS installer you are using (i.e., standalone or OSGeo4W), how did you
start GRASS, if R and RStudio are installed.

>From your email, I do not understand why GRASS is not recognized as a
command, as it seems you **are** already within a GRASS session on the
terminal? (i.e. you have a GRASS prompt there `GRASS>`).

Vero

El jue, 18 abr 2024 a las 12:06, Micha Silver via grass-user (<
grass-user at lists.osgeo.org>) escribió:

> Silly question, do you have the 'rgrass' library installed?
>
> i.e. can you do `library(rgrass)` at the R command prompt (without
> rstudio)?
>

> On 17/04/2024 21:34, sibylle via grass-user wrote:
>
> Dear community
>
> To use RStudio in a GRASS GIS session I used the command line
> GRASS> rstudio &
> library(rgrass)
> (see https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/R_statistics/rgrass)
>
> Unfortunately I was not able to solve the error message:
> - The command "GRASS" is either misspelled or
> could not be found.
> - The command "library" is either misspelled or
> could not be found.
>
> Kind regards
> Sibylle
>

> (Wed Apr 17 20:25:17 2024)
>
> GRASS> rstudio &
>
> Der Befehl "GRASS" ist entweder falsch geschrieben oder
> konnte nicht gefunden werden.
> (Wed Apr 17 20:25:17 2024) Command ended with non-zero return code 1 (0 sec)
>
> (Wed Apr 17 20:25:29 2024)
>
> library(rgrass)
>
> Der Befehl "library" ist entweder falsch geschrieben oder
> konnte nicht gefunden werden.
> (Wed Apr 17 20:25:29 2024) Command ended with non-zero return code 1 (0 sec)

> --
> Micha Silver
> Ben Gurion Univ.
> Sde Boker, Remote Sensing Lab