[GRASS-user] Mini project 2024: Second progress report

Linda Karlovská linda.karlovska at seznam.cz
Sun Feb 4 12:16:52 PST 2024

Hello guys,

I am sending my second progress report from working on the GRASS mini
project called Easy command history navigation through the History browser
panel. You can also access the detailed report here: [1].

1) What did I complete?
I worked on the PR [2] which addresses two things - it changes how the
history log is stored - newly it will be the JSON format. Second, it shows
info about commands in the history pane. During this week, we decided that
the original plain text history file would be automatically converted to a
JSON file when launching a new command so that everyone would now seamlessly
encounter command information. The initial concept was to create a JSON file
only when establishing a new mapset, leaving previously created plain texts
unchanged. PR [2] is currently awaiting review. Additionally, I have shared
the PR [3] for relocating the "Export History" button from the Console to
the History pane.

2) What am I going to achieve for the next two weeks?

I would like to merge both ​(https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/3365)[2]
and [3]. Following this, I plan to shift my focus towards Region settings.
The objective is to enable users to set the current region based on the
region from a history command, either through the context menu or using a
button (details to be discussed). As the history command is currently rerun
with the current region, I also aim to implement an option to rerun it with
the original region.

3) Is there any blocking issue?
No, it isn't, but I am just in the last two weeks of pregnancy :-) So, I
might be a bit less active in the upcoming weeks. Thank you for your
understanding.

Have a nice week.

Linda

[1] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/wxGUIDevelopment/
EasyCommandHistoryNavigation#Reportforweeks3and4

(https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/wxGUIDevelopment/EasyCommandHistoryNavigation#Reportforweeks3and4)

[2] ​https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/3365
(https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/3365)

[3] https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/3402