[GRASS-user] v.what.strds error creating column with @ name

Ken Mankoff mankoff at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 15:08:04 PST 2024

Hi Markus,

>> I'm trying to work in multiple mapsets and with multiple tables. I
>> find this hard to do when they're in different databases, so when I
>> create a new mapset I set the DB connection to PERMANENT:
>>
>> db.connect database=${LOCATION_NAME}/PERMANENT/sqlite/sqlite.db
>
> I believe that the quotes are missing - so the variable is immediately
> interpreted.

I don't think it matters? With quotes it will resolve to real paths sometime later, but LOCATION_NAME never changes, so when/where the variable expansion occurs shouldn't change anything. If $MAPSET were in quotes, then it would create a new DB per mapset, which I do not want, hence hard-coding PERMANENT.

I can't read the URL you sent - I have email but not web browser for another week. But on my local computer grass-sqlite.html manual page says

> [...] the file storage location can be freely chosen.

Suggesting I could hard-code this anywhere I want, even outside of the GRASS folder structure.

  -k.