[GRASS-user] v.what.strds error creating column with @ name

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri Feb 9 02:32:14 PST 2024

Hi Ken,

On Fri, Feb 9, 2024 at 12:23 AM Ken Mankoff via grass-user
<grass-user at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Hi Veronica,
>
> On 2024-02-03 at 02:52 +13, Veronica Andreo <veroandreo at gmail.com>
> wrote...
> > Were you able to solve the problem or find its cause? Could you create
> > a reproducible example with the NC dataset? It seems really strange,
> > if the mapset is named vel why would it add the date to it too?
>
> I'm guessing the problem and cause is me, not GRASS. Before I try to replicate in the NC data set, I hope you can help answer a question.
>
> I'm trying to work in multiple mapsets and with multiple tables. I find this hard to do when they're in different databases, so when I create a new mapset I set the DB connection to PERMANENT:
>
> db.connect database=${LOCATION_NAME}/PERMANENT/sqlite/sqlite.db

I believe that the quotes are missing - so the variable is immediately
interpreted.

It is important that it really contains '$GISDBASE' etc. and not the
value of $GISDBASE:

db.connect database='$GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/vector/$MAP/sqlite.db'

The VAR file then contains

-->
DB_DRIVER: sqlite
DB_DATABASE: $GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/vector/$MAP/sqlite.db
<--

See
https://grass.osgeo.org/grass-stable/manuals/grass-sqlite.html#connecting-grass-to-sqlite

HTH,