[GRASS-user] Enhance your coding skills for handling geographical data!!

Giuseppe Amatulli giuseppe.amatulli at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 06:46:15 PST 2024

 Dear Colleagues,

there are few seats left for these two events that will boost you coding
skills and your computational compatibilities:

1) A two-month training course:  *Geocomputation and Machine Learning for
Environmental Applications (intermediate level)* (
https://spatial-ecology.net/course-geocomputation-machine-learning-for-environmental-applications-intermediate-level-2024/
)

The course will be offered online (April-May) with a supplementary 5-day
in-person segment at the University of Basilicata, in the magnificent town
of Matera, Italy.
This is a wonderful opportunity for PhD students, Post-Docs and
professionals to acquire advanced computational skills with a Linux
computer.

2) Shortly after the aforementioned Matera in-person workshop, we are
co-hosting from 24 to 28 June
*"GEO-OPEN-HACK-2024: Big Geospatial Data Hackathon with Open
Infrastructure and Tools (advance level)" *(
https://iiasa.ac.at/events/jun-2024/geo-open-hack-2024-big-geospatial-data-hackathon-with-open-infrastructure-and-tools
) with the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) in
Laxenburg, Austria.

This event will push the computation to the next level, dealing with HPC
and cloud solutions for handling massive geo-data. Graduates from the
Spatial Ecology course will be directly admitted to the GEO-OPEN-HACK-2024.

Please forward to announce these opportunities within your network. I wish
to have such courses during my Ph.D.!!

Sincerely,

Giuseppe Amatulli  & the Spatial Ecology Team

--
Giuseppe Amatulli, Ph.D.

Research scientist at
School of the Environment