[GRASS-user] Classification of greyscale images

Paola Salmona Paola.Salmona at unige.it
Thu Jul 4 09:23:54 PDT 2024

Hi everybody,
I'm trying to classify some photograms from a Royal Air Force flight in 1944. They are in greyscale and when I import them into grass using r.in.gdal I get only one band and I can't use image processing command such as i.cluster or i.gensig.
I have tried to cheat by assigning to an image a color table, exporting it, converting in RGB in an external software, then importing it again into grass.
It "worked" with some alerts, but, beside being a cumbersome method, I am not sure about the quality of the re-imported image.
Does anybody know a better way?
Thank you very much!!!
Paola