[GRASSweb-list]GREAT!

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu Feb 27 14:22:41 EST 2003

I just looked at the incipient tutorial for Grass 5.1. This looks
absolutely great. I have been fiddling with GRASS 5 when time permits
for the past year+.  However, there are several things that have held
me back from launching into GRASS as my primary GIS system (I've used
MapInfo, and ArcView). The most important ones had to do with the
difficulties of using vector data and linking it with a multifield
DBMS. These seem largely solved for me in Grass 5.1. I hope it is out
before I teach GIS in archaeology again next Spring (2004). Keep up the
good work.

Michael Barton, Professor & Curator
Department of Anthropology
Arizona State University