[GRASSweb-list]GREAT!

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Thu Feb 27 16:18:39 EST 2003

On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 12:22:41PM -0700, Michael Barton wrote:
> I just looked at the incipient tutorial for Grass 5.1. This looks
> absolutely great. I have been fiddling with GRASS 5 when time permits
> for the past year+.  However, there are several things that have held
> me back from launching into GRASS as my primary GIS system (I've used
> MapInfo, and ArcView). The most important ones had to do with the
> difficulties of using vector data and linking it with a multifield
> DBMS. These seem largely solved for me in Grass 5.1. I hope it is out
> before I teach GIS in archaeology again next Spring (2004). Keep up the
> good work.

Thanks for the kudos (have forwarded them to Radim).
Don't hesitate to throw suggestions for 5.1 or the tutorial.
Actually Radim is programming faster than me writing instructions.

In our group we'll switch completely to 5.1 these days with
linking 5.0 modules into it.

We'll try hard for next Spring :-)

Markus

--
Markus Neteler

ITC-irst, Istituto per la Ricerca Scientifica e Tecnologica
      Project on Predictive Models for the Environment
tel +39 0461 314 520 (fax -591)           http://mpa.itc.it