[GRASSweb-list]requeriments of this program

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Jan 23 06:19:56 EST 2003

Dear Mr. Vargas,

GRASS is Free Software in the sense that you get the liberty
to study, use, copy and adapt the software to your needs.
This means that the license itself permit this without extra costs.
Some service providers will sell you special packages versions
and support if you want it.

GRASS' computing requirements are dependent on what you want to do
with it. It can run on small PCs up to serious workstations.

Note that GRASS is not the only Free Software that relates to GIS.
Freegis.org lists many, lot of them are of high qualities others
are still in development. Anyway it is worth a look.

If you are interested I suggest to have your expert just try ot GRASS
and see if that does what they want.

Hope this helps,
	Bernhard Reiter

--
The FreeGIS Project                                       (freegis.org)
Association for a Free Informational Infrastructure          (ffii.org)