[GRASSweb-list][RFC] GRASS monthly news

"Fernández-Victorio Arévalo, Gonzalo" GFernandez-Victorio at IGAE.minhac.es
Mon Oct 27 08:26:51 EST 2003

Markus Neteler wrote:

> Personally I don't think that "developers" vs. "coders" is
> appropriate for
> the GRASS project. We have no paid people who get instructions what
> code to write. So "coders" do not exist (at least for me), we have
> GRASS developers who are also coding. I think that every developers
> has a vision of the future of GRASS, a coder maybe not (as he/she
> receives the order to write certain code without developing own
> visions). Having such coders would be useful, but it seems that
> we have to wait more time...

Maybe I didn't explained myself. Perhaps instead of developers, I should
have said contributors. What I wanted to say is that there are more ways of
helping GRASS than just write code (or bugfix).  And one of this ways is
just improve documentation. And we usually don't pay attention to this.

That's why I think Moritz is a developer or (maybe better) a contributor
(but not a coder). The word developer come from what I understood of
Bernhard comments to my initial proposal for a new web structure.

Anyway, I see your point, so I'll pay attention to the wording.

> Have a good start, I'm looking forward to see the first issue.

I thought the interview was a good election, but now I've started to doubt.
But I hope the whole issue will be a good start, and that we'll enjoy it.

Regards

Gonzalo