[GRASSweb-list]New PHP grass website for mirrors without PHP

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue Dec 28 08:15:11 EST 2004

On Mon, Dec 27, 2004 at 08:11:59PM -0500, Simon Valiquette wrote:
> Markus Neteler a écrit :
> >Simon,
> >
> >sorry for the inconvenience. I had added some days before
> >a file info.php into the images/ subdir to see which
> >servers do not support PHP. Some people I have contacted
> >to add support although nearly all mirrors already
> >have PHP.
> >
> >It seems that I missed to verify your site and to contact
> >you in advance - my apologies.
> >
> >The only PHP function which I am using is include() to
> >construct the menus. No other tricks...
> >
> >I can see that your site is functional:
> >
> >http://gulus.USherbrooke.ca/pub/appl/grass/images/info.php
> >
> >with PHP3. So nothing to do...
> >

>   I received about a half-douzaine emails about it.  Because my GRASS
> mirror was almost not usable without PHP, I had to find time to install
> it (and test it's security on another machine before putting it on the
> server).
>
>   But thank you that you double checked that it worked properly.
>
> Simon Valiquette
> http://gulus.USherbrooke.ca
> http://www.gulus.org

Simon,

while you had to spend some time to install PHP
(and me a couple of days to rewrite most pages!)
all our users find a menu system now.

I'm still convinced that it was a good idea to
change it.

And I apologize again for missing to contact you
in advance.

 Markus

--
Markus Neteler     <neteler itc it>       http://mpa.itc.it