[GRASSweb-list]GIS downloading for BC Bereavement Helpline

A Macbeth abmacbeth at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 10 13:43:17 EDT 2004

To Whom it May Concern,

My namis is Allison and I am working for the BC Bereavement Helpline based in Vancouver Canada.  We are currently doing a mapping project of the Lower Mainland to see where all the support services are, as well as where they are not, and would be very interested in using GIS for this project.  Am I right in believing that the GIS programs you offer are free downloads from the internet? If I download these would I be able to run them completely off my computer or would I need to buy other software as well?  Also, would this be compatible with Canadian government data such as road maps??

Thank-you very much,

Allison Macbeth
Community Research and Development Worker at BCBH