[GRASSweb-list]GIS downloading for BC Bereavement Helpline

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Jun 10 16:52:35 EDT 2004

Hello Allison,

the GRASS software is Free Software.
That means you get the freedom to use it as long as you want,
study it, adapt it to your needs, give it to other people
and publish improvements if you like.
The license you need to run GRASS is coming without a fee.

I cannot estimate if GRASS would be compatible with the data formats
used for Canadian government data, but I would expect it to be.

Note that GRASS is a piece of complicated GIS software
you can also try to look for other Free Software on
www.freegis.org.

Note that you have written an email to the webmaster of the GRASS site.
There is an international user mailinglist that has many more people
on it that could possibly answer your questions in more detail.

Best Regards,
	Bernhard

--
Professional Service for Free Software                 (intevation.net)
The FreeGIS Project                                       (freegis.org)