[GRASS-web] GRASS 7 Release

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed May 1 04:40:28 PDT 2013

On Wed, May 1, 2013 Ali Erkan:
> Dear friends at GRASS GIS,
>
> I am a faculty member from Ithaca College (NY, USA) and  I will be
> teaching a GIS course in the Fall 2013 semester. The focus is on open
> source system so I would love to be able to design the curriculum
> around GRASS 7.

This is great to hear!

> You probably can't predict a particular release date
> but do you think a version stable enough to be used in a course will
> be available by the end of June?

Yes, I believe so. At time we plan a "Tech prerelease" which will be
a tangible package to check the state of the art. However, for our
research projects we use GRASS GIS 7 for a while in production.

Indeed, it is time to get it out of the door, so many goodies are there:
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Grass7/NewFeatures

Best regards,

Markus Neteler