[GRASS-web] Segmentation: Selection of Seeds

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri Aug 5 13:33:06 PDT 2016

Dear Raphael,

you reached the "GRASS Web" list which deals with the Web site. In
order to post user questions, please subscribe and write to

In your request, please then also tell which module you refer to (like
i.segment or i.smap).

Best,
Markus

On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 12:38 AM, Raphael Knevels
<raphael.knevels at uni-jena.de> wrote:
> Dear GRASS team,
>

> I would like to compute a segmentation analysis. Because of my big input
> data, I would like to use special selected Seed Points (as Pixel) to speed
> up the process.
>
> My input seed grid contains integer pixel values higher than 0. For the rest
> of the area I tried: No Data, -1 and 0.
>
> While null has not worked (some Error in console), the segmentation result
> of -1 and 0, however, looked unsatisfied (= the picture is not segmented).
>

> Therefore, I have the question how an input grid should look like, that I
> can use pixel as seed values?
>
> My Grass Gis Version is 7.0.4.
>

> I would be very pleased to receive your answers.
>

> Kind regards,
>
> Raphael

Markus Neteler
http://www.mundialis.de - free data with free software