[GRASS-web] [GRASS-dev] Fwd: Question on history of Raster Tiling in GRASS

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 19:05:02 PDT 2016

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 2:48 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

> FYI from the "grass-web" list - please assist to provide the answer to
Carl.

> For sure this matters:
> https://grass.osgeo.org/programming7/segmentlib.html
>
> which was already in the GRASS GIS 4.1 programmer's manual from 1993:
> https://grass.osgeo.org/grass41/manuals/progman.ps.Z
>
> but there will be more material.

Well, there is 3D raster library which has tiling. Formerly called G3d
(Grid 3D?, I suppose), committed on December 29, 1999 in r9499:

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/trunk/lib/g3d?rev=9499

There might be some scientific paper referring to it but I didn't find it.
Here is the current library doc:

https://grass.osgeo.org/programming7/raster3dlib.html

Best,
Vaclav