[GRASS-web] Grass GIS

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Jun 26 13:34:47 PDT 2017

Hi Luciana,

On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 8:35 PM, Luciana Caporaletti
<lovethewildearth at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been trying to use Grass on my Mac for four hours now.  I've
> downloaded every possible framework to make it work, but every time I double
> click on the icon, I get error messages.
>
> Last login: Mon Jun 26 11:33:07 on ttys000
>
> '/Applications/GRASS-7.0.app/Contents/MacOS/grass.sh'; exit
>
> Katrinas-MacBook-Pro:~ katrinaroman$
> '/Applications/GRASS-7.0.app/Contents/MacOS/grass.sh'; exit
> Rebuilding Addon HTML manual pages index...
> Rebuilding Addon menu...
> Python 2.7.10 found.
> Starting GRASS GIS...
> dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libintl.8.dylib
>
>   Referenced from:
> /Applications/GRASS-7.0.app/Contents/MacOS/lib/libgrass_gis.7.0.5.dylib
>
>   Reason: image not found

It looks like this problem:
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2942

[...]
> I would really like to use your program.  Please help!

To my knowledge the only way at time is to disable System Integrity
Protection which hinders GRASS GIS to run.
However, I cannot judge if this is a good idea or not.

You may get help on the grass-user list at

since some Mac OSX users are reading there.

Best,
Markus