[GRASS-web] How to install GRASS Add-Ons after migration from SVN to Github?

Brittney Bourdages brittneyelib at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 18:24:01 PDT 2019

Hello,

I'm new to GRASS and in the past I have had no issue installing add-ons.
Recently I tried to install "r.stream.order" and got the following error:

g.extension extension="r.stream.order"

Extension r.stream.order not found

I have tried installing the add-on both through the shell and the GRASS
GUI. I have also downloaded the zipped file and tried to use the url option
with the g.extension tool to install the add-on, but I get the same error.
Although, this may have failed because the url option is supported only on
Linux or Mac.

g.extension extension="r.stream.order" url=C:\Downloads\r.stream.order.zip

I read that the add-ons are installed by default from the GRASS SVN
repository, which has recently been migrated to github and the svn repo now
only has read-only access.

Has anyone run into this error recently? If write only access to the SVN is
causing the error, does anyone have any recommendations for how to resolve
this issue and install the add-on?

Note: I have GRASS 7.6 installed on a Windows computer.

Thank you for any help you can offer!