[GRASS-web] How to install GRASS Add-Ons after migration from SVN to Github?

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Mon Jul 15 23:47:50 PDT 2019

Brittney Bourdages wrote
> Hello,
>
> I'm new to GRASS and in the past I have had no issue installing add-ons.
> Recently I tried to install "r.stream.order" and got the following error:
>
> g.extension extension="r.stream.order"
>
> Extension r.stream.order not found
>
> I have tried installing the add-on both through the shell and the GRASS
> GUI. I have also downloaded the zipped file and tried to use the url
> option
> with the g.extension tool to install the add-on, but I get the same error.
> Although, this may have failed because the url option is supported only on
> Linux or Mac.
>
> g.extension extension="r.stream.order" url=C:\Downloads\r.stream.order.zip
>
> I read that the add-ons are installed by default from the GRASS SVN
> repository, which has recently been migrated to github and the svn repo
> now
> only has read-only access.
>
> Has anyone run into this error recently? If write only access to the SVN
> is
> causing the error, does anyone have any recommendations for how to resolve
> this issue and install the add-on?
>
> Note: I have GRASS 7.6 installed on a Windows computer.
>
> Thank you for any help you can offer!

the addon system for winGRASS isn't yet adapted after the switch to git;
it's still a work in progress.

downloading and installing the zip-file doesn't work in winGRASS as there is
some compilation and packaging preparation needed that the addon works.

forwarding this message to the GRASS dev list.

-----
best regards
Helmut
--