[GRASS-web] (TENET) mirror.ac.za

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Feb 19 03:11:44 PST 2020

Greetings,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Indeed, the old master mirror site at
rsync://grass.meteo.uni.wroc.pl/grass is not functioning properly for
a long time.

We are currently rewriting the GRASS GIS Web site from scratch:
https://staging.grass.osgeo.org/

This will be then moved to https://grass.osgeo.org/ soon (DNS entry
swap with https://old.grass.osgeo.org/).
I will already add rsync functionality here so that you may use it for
mirroring.

What is the timeline you have to complete the change?

Best regards,

Markus

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 8:43 AM Donald Coetzee <donald at tenet.ac.za> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I am one of the Administrators responsible for the above Mirror Server in South Africa. We are in the process of rebuilding our mirror service onto a new platform, and I would like to sync the Grass GIS data onto this new platform. on the current mirror server, as well as the new server however, I have noted a timeout when our cron is set to run (rsync://grass.meteo.uni.wroc.pl/grass). is there something I need to do to be able to sync from this source ? or have you an alternate source that we can sync from ?
>
> Looking forward to hearing from you.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
>
> --
>
> Donald Coetzee
> Senior Systems Administrator
>
> Tertiary Education & Research Network of South Africa NPC
>
> Fault Reporting: +27(21)763-7147 or support at tenet.ac.za
> Office: +27(21)763-7154
> http://www.tenet.ac.za/contact
> https://orcid.org/0000-0003-2845-6969