[winGRASS] Installation failure on latest Cygwin version

Jean Baptiste HENRY jb at pacific.u-strasbg.fr
Fri Dec 14 10:24:40 EST 2001

Dear list,
I am a new user of Cygwin and Grass. I have tryed to install it on my
Win 2k PC, but I systematically get error. I have strictly followed
instructions, given on the binary install page. Here is what I get in
the command line :

***
$ ./grass5install.sh grass5.0.0pre2_i686-pc-cygwin_bin.tar.gz

GRASS GIS 5 binary package installation tool

Checking and creating installation directory...
file: not found
ERROR: You need the GRASS binary package in .tar.gz compression
or bz2.
***

I do not understand the error message. Thank you in advance for any piece of advice.
Sincerely yours.

JB HENRY

--
Jean Baptiste HENRY