[winGRASS] m.proj fails in wingrass?

Mike Thomas mthomas at gil.com.au
Mon Jun 11 20:41:23 EDT 2001

Hi Markus.

Thanks for the suggestion.

> > >          115, 120, 122, 126, 130, 134, 138 of ellipsoid table file
> > >          </usr/local/grass5/etc/ellipse.table> are invalid
> >
> > This is almost certainly a text/binary mode file read problem.
> I have had
> > simlar problems with other parts of Grass under CYgwin.
>
> Hi,
>
> maybe you are using winCVS? In past there was a severe CR/LF problem with
> winCVS. If so, please use another CVS tool.

I use Cygwin's CVS so hopefully this isn't the problem, but I'll look
further into it.

Unfortunately the format of the Cygwin path seems to affect the way files
are treated in general, so it may be that "cvs update" in a double slash
path gives different results to the same command in a directory entered
using the other path format.

When I get a chance to look further into this, I'll pass on the results
(probably not this week).

I have resolved similar problems by modifying the source and rebuilding -
"open ( f, O_BINARY )", rather than "open ( f, 0 )", but unfortunately Grass
has lots of such open calls.

Cheers

Mike Thomas.