[winGRASS] cannot find Init.sh

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Wed May 30 11:38:24 EDT 2001

On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 05:11:34PM +0300, ziyadin wrote:

> Dear grass user,
> I have intalled grass5.0beta9_solaris binaries.
> When  i give the command grass5 i get this
> error mesage
>
> /usr/local/bin/grass5: /usr/local/grass5/etc/Init.sh: not found
> If i fallow the default setup grass is stored in
>
> /usr/local/grass5/grass5.0beta9_solaris/grass5(/dev etc...)
>
> I came around this problem and now it is in
> usr/local/grass5(/dev etc...)
>
> I could not find this script. Am I supposed to create it myself?
> I would be glad if I could get any help.
> Cheers,

Hi Ziyadin,

sorry for your inconvenience, but the grass5.0beta9_solaris binaries
shouldn't be used due to such errors. Where did you get this
package (it should have been removed everywhere!)?

Very soon a new solaris release should be available. In case you
know how to compile, I recommend to get GRASS 5.0.0pre1 source code
and compile locally unless the Solaris binaries are available.

Kind regards

 Markus Neteler