[winGRASS] libG11

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Mon Oct 1 01:54:06 EDT 2001

Malcolm Blue wrote:

> > In the current version of the code, there shouldn't be any problems,
> > provided that the event handling is implemented correctly.
> > Specifically, any events which don't match the window's event mask
> > must be discarded rather than queued.
> >

> Well, that's the problem then.  I only discarded the event I was looking
> for. So we should flush the queue while checking.

More precisely, events shouldn't be queued unless they are enabled by
the window's event mask (certain events, e.g. ClientMessage, don't
have a corresponding bit in the event mask, and are always reported).

Note that the event mask should be checked at the point that the event
(message) is queued (generated), not at the point it is dequeued (e.g.
by XNextEvent).