[winGRASS] libG11

Mike Thomas mthomas at gil.com.au
Tue Oct 2 07:25:37 EDT 2001

Hi there.

A rare late night intervention from me.

> However, I got stuck...  CVS is working (so that I got the latest code),
> GRASS is compiled so far within the Cygwin, but how to compile the
> libG11.dll and the Xdriver properly?
>
> I would be glad if someone could either tell me and/or update the
> new INSTALL-WIN file.

PART 1 - Making libW11

I don't know what the CVS structure is, but assuming there is a directory
called "windows/libW11" somewhere in the XDRIVER tree, change directory
there.

Then type:

    make clean
    make
    cp lib/libG11.dll /bin

PART 2 - Modifying the head.i686-pc-cygwin file to define __W98__ and to set
the include path and library details:

COMPILE_FLAGS       = -O -D__W98__
XCFLAGS
           =  -I/grass/src/display/devices/XDRIVER/XDRIVER24/windows/libW11
XLIBPATH

        =  -L/grass/src/display/devices/XDRIVER/XDRIVER24/windows/libW11/lib
XTLIBPATH           =
XMLIBPATH           =
XLIB                = -lX11

PART 3 - Rebuilding "display/devices", "d.mon" etc

Delete the "obj.i686-pc-cygwin" .o files in "devices/lib" and "XDRIVER" and
"d.scale" directories and rebuild with gmake5.  The aim here is to ensure
that no remaining object files were compiled with XFree86 headers and
libraries - I may have forgotten some directories - safest to redo
everything.

I'll be off task for the next day or so as I will be busy looking after kids
(school holidays here).

Cheers

Mike Thomas.