[winGRASS] libG11

Malcolm Blue mblue at nb.sympatico.ca
Tue Oct 2 07:00:00 EDT 2001

Markus,

I've been meaning to update the README with a note on how to use it.

In directory windows/libW11 do:

make clean        (if necessary)
make
make install

That will copy libG11.dll to /usr/local/bin.  This should already be in your
path.

Change XLIB and XCFLAGS to point to the libW11/lib and the libW11 directory.
Add the -D__W98__ to COMPILE_FLAGS for Win98 (I use it anyway).

Then recompile the XDRIVER to use the new lib:  Clean out OBJ* and run
gmake5 within the XDRIVER24 directory.

I'll check your new docs as well.

Good luck,

Malcolm

pile.html
(in CVS in doscuments/cygwin_grass50compile.html)

However, I got stuck...  CVS is working (so that I got the latest code),
GRASS is compiled so far within the Cygwin, but how to compile the
libG11.dll and the Xdriver properly?

I would be glad if someone could either tell me and/or update the
new INSTALL-WIN file.

Thanks in advance,

 Markus

---