[winGRASS] Cannot open GUI

Helmut Muenzing hmc at sflu.com
Thu Aug 22 05:08:31 EDT 2002

Hello.

I have installed GRASS with graphical output on my PC running under Windows XP.

The present situation is:

Xfree86 opens up just fine. In the bash window I am getting the opening screen of GRASS alright.

If I go to the next screen, I have the choice for HELP, LICENCE and GUI.

HELP and LICENCE works alright.

If I call for the GUI with tcltkgrass& as indicated (or without &), I am getting this:

GRASS:/usr/X11R6/bin > tcltkgrass&
[1] 2744
GRASS:/usr/X11R6/bin > exec: wish: not found

However tcltkgrass is present in /usr/local/grass5/bin together with g.help etc.

What did I overlook?

Helmut Muenzing