[winGRASS] gen: resampling continuous data

Matt & Kim patawi at polarcom.com
Mon Feb 25 05:00:47 EST 2002

Hi All,

How does one go about resampling continuous tone data like an elevation model?

'r.resample' only uses nearest neighbour interpolation, which is unsuitable
as it introduces lines when downsampling.

'r.resamp.rst' has a man page but no program (that I could find)

'r.proj', according to the man page, will use bilinear or cubic resampling
but in my test it didn't change anything at all; perhaps one must actually
use 2 different projections?
(r.proj location=ykdata input=90mdem output=30mdem method=cubic resolution=30)

oh, I just found 'r.bilinear', it almost works - unfortunately it seems to
treat null as zero. My test elevation file changed from 355 - 2695 to 0.5 -
2695.

Are there other programs/approaches I'm missing?

thanks in advance,

-matt

Grass5pre3,
CYGWIN_NT-5.0 OBELIX 1.3.9(0.51/3/2) 2002-01-21 12:48 i686 unknown