[winGRASS] Can't start TCLTKGRASS in winGrass with generic version

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue Mar 26 10:52:19 EST 2002

On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 12:40:45AM +0900, Hisaji ONO wrote:
> Hello.
>
>  Today I found winGrass with generic version xand installed it in my PC.
>
>  I've been very impressed with Easy installing.

that's good news for us - thanks.

>  However, TclTkGRASS couldn't run in this winGrass. winGrass said "Can't
>  open tcltkgrass: No such file or directory", but TclTkGRASS does exist.
>
>  Could you tell me any solution.

It depends: since yesterday two winGRASS versions are online at
http://grass.itc.it/grass5/binary/windows_cygnus/

   o winGRASS with Xserver requirement: wingrass_xserver/
   o winGRASS without Xserver requirement: wingrass_generic/ (eventually more
     limited in functionality)

If you are refering to winGRASS with Xserver requirement, you have to
install the package xtcltk8.0.5-CYGWIN....

If you are refering to winGRASS without Xserver requirement, the
"tcltkgrass" is not present because there are limitations in the underlying
tcl/tk libraries. You may try to install "ActiveTcl" to overcome the
problem:

 http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Downloads/ActiveTcl/

eventually then it will be working. Please inform us about your results
when trying ActiveTcl.

Best regards

 Markus Neteler