[winGRASS] GRASS/R interface running also on winGRASS

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue Mar 26 11:07:22 EST 2002

Hi,

if anyone is interested - we can announce that the GRASS/R
interface is also running in the following environment:

 - winGRASS with generic driver (no Xserver needed)
 - R for windows
 - GRASS/R interface
 - emacs
 - ESS (emacs speaks statistics user interface).

You will install all of above, then run emacs and/or R within GRASS (as on
Linux) and go to work. Just ignore the strange error messages which
are generated by the GRASS/R interface as no piping
 2> &1 > /dev/null
is available on Cygwin and no device /dev/null exists there.
Probably Roger Bivand can conditionalize this (especially gmeta())
for cygwin.

We also succeeded to run R in GRASS on Cygwin in batch mode.

Just as an information,

 Markus Neteler

PS: You have eventually to copy some perl files into the related directory
for R to enable the GRASS/R interface installation.