[winGRASS] Can't start TCLTKGRASS in winGrass with generic version

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Tue Mar 26 16:15:50 EST 2002

Markus Neteler wrote:

> > > If you are refering to winGRASS without Xserver requirement, the
> > > "tcltkgrass" is not present because there are limitations in the underlying
> > > tcl/tk libraries. You may try to install "ActiveTcl" to overcome the
> > > problem:
> > >
> > >  http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Downloads/ActiveTcl/
> > >
> > > eventually then it will be working. Please inform us about your results
> > > when trying ActiveTcl.
> > >

> >  I've already installed this, but the result was same.
>
> Sorry to hear that - it seems to be quite tricky.
>
> We need to get more details about the error message - any guru
> out there? The tcltkgras is included in the package.

I haven't tried ActiveTcl, but the problem with the standard Cygwin
Tcl/Tk package is that it uses "Windows" filenames (i.e. "/"
corresponds to "C:\"), rather than the filenames used by the rest of
the Cygwin package (where "/" typically corresponds to "C:\cygwin").

The xtcltk package from the GRASS site works fine (but the native
XDRIVER doesn't work on Win98).