[winGRASS] libgdal for windows

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon May 27 04:22:09 EDT 2002

On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 12:47:15AM -0700, Matt & Kim wrote:
> >> Is there anybody can tell me where I can download
> >> libgdal.1.1.so for windows. I am using r.in.gdal to
> >> import ERDAS .img file.
> >you can get it from "OpenEV" project which contains GDAL in
> >the binary package for Windows.
> >There is a gdal.dll inside.
>
> So on Windows gdal.dll is the same as  libgdal.1.1.so on unix?

Sorry, my last mail was eventually nonsense. One will need a
Windows/Cygwin version of libgdal.
Did anyone try to compile that?

Markus

--
Markus Neteler

ITC-irst, Istituto per la Ricerca Scientifica e Tecnologica
     Project on Predictive Models for the Environment
Via Sommarive, 18        -      38050 Povo (Trento), Italia
tel +39 0461 314 -520 (fax -591)          http://mpa.itc.it