[winGRASS] Socket problem in winGrass

Anantha Prasad aprasad at fs.fed.us
Tue Apr 1 12:52:54 EST 2003

Hi:
Installation of wingrass5 was successful. However, when I try to run the
monitor by issuing: d.mon x1
THe monitor comes up OK ..... however, I get the foll. error and I am
unable to work with the monitor.
GRASS:/c/cflux > d.mon x1
Failed to get socket name for monitor <x1>.
Problem selecting x1. Will try once more
Failed to get socket name for monitor <x1>.

Subsequent attempts to start the monitor fails.
Any help to get it going will be greatly appreciated. Pls. see Details
below.
Thanks.
Prasad

Platform: Win2k
uname works well.

/etc/passwd file exists...and looks OK

Folder /tmp/grass-prasad exists and has the file: x1

Contents of /tmp/grass-prasad/ x1    ->  !<socket >1978
C98A4714-2179A7D3-3A6CEE76-0A910143

Permissions for x1
srwxr-xr-x    1 prasad   513            51 Apr  1 12:39 x1

Permission for /tmp/grass-prasad
drwxr-xr-x    2 prasad   513             0 Apr  1 12:39 grass-prasad