[winGRASS] wingrass

nhrao at deas.harvard.edu nhrao at deas.harvard.edu
Thu Dec 2 11:24:14 EST 2004

I have downloaded and installed the Wingrass (5.7.0) primaries. I am
totally new to GRASS and Unix. I have experience other gis like ArcGIS. I
have also downloaded the spearfish dataset.

after typing startx and grass57 in the cygwin window, the interface asking
for the database location etc. opens. how do i move from here. can someone
take me through the initial steps. the online manual does not seem to have
the details or can someone point me to a starter manual.
thanks
nhrao