[winGRASS] libgrass_gis.dll was not found either

Patton, Eric epatton at nrcan.gc.ca
Wed Dec 8 22:04:50 EST 2004

I been having the same error message as Sotirios when trying to start
Grass5.7 on Cygwin:

ps.map - Unable to Locate DLL

The dynamic link library libgrass_gis.dll could not be found in the
specified path.

(with a long list of Path definitions that follow).

But I have located libgrass_gis.dll, and it's in
C:\cygwin\usr\local\grass5.7.cvs-i686-pc-cygwin-11_11_2004/lib. I have made
sure that both my Cygwin $PATH includes this directory, and my Path
environment variable in Control Panel/System/Environment Variables points to
it as well.

Do I need a symbolic link to the dll?

~ Eric.