[winGRASS] Html browser problems in Help 5.7....still

Patton, Eric epatton at nrcan.gc.ca
Tue Nov 30 14:38:16 EST 2004

I've been having an ongoing problem for quite a while now, namely, haven't
been able to coax Grass 5.7 into loading _any_ html browser for html help
files. I checked out my GRASS_HTML_BROWSER variable, and it's set to
'Konqueror'. So that should be it, right? I tried changing it to Mozilla
just for fun, but I keep getting the same error message:
http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/wingrass/2004-August/000557.html
<http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/wingrass/2004-August/000557.html>

Now, is Grass looking for a Cygwin-specific package of Mozilla or Konqueror
that was included with my setup.exe install, or will it be able to know that
I've got Mozilla 1.7.3 installed at C:\Program
Files\mozilla.org\Mozilla\mozilla.exe, for example. So really, does Grass
require an absolute path to the browser?

I'll get it eventually,

~ Eric.